New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
Princes Gate Spring Water embarks on most significant investment to date
Princes Gate Spring Water is investing £5.5m in a major expansion project with support from the Welsh Government that will double staff numbers and more than triple production volumes.
- University and Hospital show Minister how Invest to Save is helping them deliver more efficient services
- New guidance to help communities take ownership of local assets
- Princes Gate Spring Water embarks on most significant investment to date
- Proposals for the Basic Payment Scheme
- Consultation on the Agricultural Advisory Panel for Wales - 2015
- Changes to the Producer Responsibility regimes for batteries and packaging
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- The Planning (Hazardous Substances) (Wales) Regulations 2015
- The designation of higher education courses at alternative providers for the purpose of student support
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Schools information for parents/carers
We want to keep you up to date on what we are doing to improve our schools and offer advice and tips on how you can support your child.
Our Education begins at home (external link) campaign aims to provide you with information on supporting your child at home. Helping with homework, attending parents evenings and asking how they get on in school can all help with their school enjoyment.
Through our reading and numeracy tests (external link), new GCSEs in English, maths and Welsh and our continuing review of the qualifications system, our aim is to equip your children with the skills they will need throughout their life.
You can also keep up to date with key information through our Twitter channel, @DfESWales (external link).