“If Brexit is about “taking back control” then trying to override the British constitution is a bad start” – Counsel General for Wales
The UK will leave the EU, but the UK Government cannot trigger ‘Brexit’ by overriding the laws and conventions of the British constitution, the Counsel General for Wales, Mick Antoniw has said.
- £1bn of EU structural funds invested in Wales
- New prestigious awards to recognise the best in Welsh teaching
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- “If Brexit is about “taking back control” then trying to override the British constitution is a bad start” – Counsel General for Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Healthy eating in maintained schools
The Healthy Eating in Schools (Nutritional Standards & Requirements) (Wales) Regulations 2013 states the type of food which can and can’t be provided by schools.
The legislation (external link) outlines what schools must do ensure they are serving nutritious food to learners, including:
- not allowing schools to serve confectionery (such as chocolate and sweets) and savoury snacks (such as crisps)
- increasing the availability of fruit and vegetables served by schools
- limiting the number of times that meat products and potatoes cooked in fats and oils can be served each week
- serving only healthy drinks, such as water and milk.
The legislation also states what food can be served as part of our Free Breakfast in Primary Schools scheme.
Statutory Guidance for schools, school caterers and local authorities is available on Learning Wales (external link). In addition, the Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA) (external link) has produced supplementary information for governing bodies and after-school clubs; and guides to assist with evidence gathering and nutritional analysis.
If you have any queries relating to healthy eating in maintained schools, please contact email@example.com.