Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Chinese health and nurtraceutical group to open European HQ, R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales
Acerchem International a leading Chinese health and nutraceutical group is to establish its European HQ and R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales.
- New EU project to help grow the fisheries industry in Wales and Ireland
- Three quarters of a million pounds for Little Haven flood alleviation scheme
- Chinese health and nurtraceutical group to open European HQ, R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Healthy eating in maintained schools
The Healthy Eating in Schools (Nutritional Standards & Requirements) (Wales) Regulations 2013 states the type of food which can and can’t be provided by schools.
The legislation (external link) outlines what schools must do ensure they are serving nutritious food to learners, including:
- not allowing schools to serve confectionery (such as chocolate and sweets) and savoury snacks (such as crisps)
- increasing the availability of fruit and vegetables served by schools
- limiting the number of times that meat products and potatoes cooked in fats and oils can be served each week
- serving only healthy drinks, such as water and milk.
The legislation also states what food can be served as part of our Free Breakfast in Primary Schools scheme.
Statutory Guidance for schools, school caterers and local authorities is available on Learning Wales (external link). In addition, the Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA) (external link) has produced supplementary information for governing bodies and after-school clubs; and guides to assist with evidence gathering and nutritional analysis.
If you have any queries relating to healthy eating in maintained schools, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.