Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Supporting People budget protected
The Supporting People budget for local authorities in 2017-18 has been protected at the same level as this year.
- Welsh Government confirms commitment to £1bn of innovative investment in infrastructure
- £57m link road to give Cardiff “major boost” ahead of UEFA Champions league final
- Supporting People budget protected
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Healthy eating in maintained schools
The Healthy Eating in Schools (Nutritional Standards & Requirements) (Wales) Regulations 2013 states the type of food which can and can’t be provided by schools.
The legislation (external link) outlines what schools must do ensure they are serving nutritious food to learners, including:
- not allowing schools to serve confectionery (such as chocolate and sweets) and savoury snacks (such as crisps)
- increasing the availability of fruit and vegetables served by schools
- limiting the number of times that meat products and potatoes cooked in fats and oils can be served each week
- serving only healthy drinks, such as water and milk.
The legislation also states what food can be served as part of our Free Breakfast in Primary Schools scheme.
Statutory Guidance for schools, school caterers and local authorities is available on Learning Wales (external link). In addition, the Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA) (external link) has produced supplementary information for governing bodies and after-school clubs; and guides to assist with evidence gathering and nutritional analysis.
If you have any queries relating to healthy eating in maintained schools, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.