Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
New Bill to protect our past for Wales of tomorrow introduced
First Wales-only legislation for the care and protection of our distinct historic environment will be introduced into the National Assembly today.
- Last chance to have your say on Wales’ future curriculum
- Extra support available for farmers ahead of SAF deadline
- New Bill to protect our past for Wales of tomorrow introduced
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Tax devolution in Wales - Consultation on a Land Transaction Tax
- Consultation on the Regulation of Private Housing (Information, Periods and Fees for Registration and Licensing) (Wales) Regulations 2015
- Compulsory Microchipping of Dogs in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The school curriculum
The programme of study for 3 to 19 year olds.
It is made up of the following 7 areas:
- the Foundation Phase
- skills development
- the national curriculum
- personal and social education
- sex education
- careers and the world of work
- religious education.
The school curriculum is learner focussed, places an emphasis on skills development and ensures that it is appropriate for the specific needs of Wales.
A series of guidance documents have been developed to support the implementation of the school curriculum. These documents, along with related key information, approaches and research can now be found on Learning Wales (external link).