Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Minister accepts ‘Successful Futures’ recommendations in full
Education Minister, Huw Lewis has announced the Welsh Government will accept all 68 recommendations in “Successful Futures”
- Minister unveils details of £7.6m for young people’s mental health services
- Minister announces plans for a smooth transition to Welsh taxes
- Minister accepts ‘Successful Futures’ recommendations in full
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Proposal for the registration of school learning support workers with the Education Workforce Council
- Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
3 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Evaluation of the Human Transplantation (Wales) Act
- Great Britain Day Visits Survey
- Great Britain Tourism Survey
- Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools
- Soft opt-out system of organ donation: Researching the views of Specialist Nurses and Clinical Leads
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The school curriculum
The programme of study for 3 to 19 year olds.
It is made up of the following 7 areas:
- the Foundation Phase
- skills development
- the national curriculum
- personal and social education
- sex education
- careers and the world of work
- religious education.
The school curriculum is learner focussed, places an emphasis on skills development and ensures that it is appropriate for the specific needs of Wales.
A series of guidance documents have been developed to support the implementation of the school curriculum. These documents, along with related key information, approaches and research can now be found on Learning Wales (external link).