Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- Finance Ministers will press Chancellor for infrastructure stimulus
- First Minister to mark 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The Welsh Government is committed to a system of community comprehensive schooling delivered through English, Welsh, bilingually or in a faith setting.
This approach has the overwhelming support of schools themselves, local authorities, teachers and parents. Our commitment is that all children, wherever they live, should have access to high quality education – delivered in surroundings fit for the provision of the National Curriculum – which enables them to develop their full potential. For this to become a reality all schools need to raise their sights.
The Welsh Government has a vision for schools of the future which:
- provides high quality and inspirational teaching and learning
- provides a broad and stimulating curriculum offering choice
- allows learners to develop at their own pace with attainment targets and methods of assessment designed to recognize a wider range of achievement
- incorporates social inclusion, sustainable development, equal opportunities and bilingualism into all aspects of school life.
- Nursery expansion at Newport school officially opened by Kirsty Williams
- Brand new Ysgol Bro Teifi officially opened by Education Secretary
- New term means digital skills on par with reading and maths in Welsh curriculum – Kirsty Williams
- Welsh teacher training revamp underway to raise school standards