Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Health Secretary announces IPFR Review Panel
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The Welsh Government is committed to a system of community comprehensive schooling delivered through English, Welsh, bilingually or in a faith setting.
This approach has the overwhelming support of schools themselves, local authorities, teachers and parents. Our commitment is that all children, wherever they live, should have access to high quality education – delivered in surroundings fit for the provision of the National Curriculum – which enables them to develop their full potential. For this to become a reality all schools need to raise their sights.
The Welsh Government has a vision for schools of the future which:
- provides high quality and inspirational teaching and learning
- provides a broad and stimulating curriculum offering choice
- allows learners to develop at their own pace with attainment targets and methods of assessment designed to recognize a wider range of achievement
- incorporates social inclusion, sustainable development, equal opportunities and bilingualism into all aspects of school life.