Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £6.7m investment in new IT system to integrate NHS and social services in Wales
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The Welsh Government is committed to a system of community comprehensive schooling delivered through English, Welsh, bilingually or in a faith setting.
This approach has the overwhelming support of schools themselves, local authorities, teachers and parents. Our commitment is that all children, wherever they live, should have access to high quality education – delivered in surroundings fit for the provision of the National Curriculum – which enables them to develop their full potential. For this to become a reality all schools need to raise their sights.
The Welsh Government has a vision for schools of the future which:
- provides high quality and inspirational teaching and learning
- provides a broad and stimulating curriculum offering choice
- allows learners to develop at their own pace with attainment targets and methods of assessment designed to recognize a wider range of achievement
- incorporates social inclusion, sustainable development, equal opportunities and bilingualism into all aspects of school life.