First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
First Minister Carwyn Jones has announced the next tranche in a series of major investments as part of an ongoing programme of support to secure the long term future of the Tata steel works in Wales.
- Attainment gap for those on free school meals closes again
- Significant fall in diagnostics and therapy waits in Wales
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The Welsh Government is committed to a system of community comprehensive schooling delivered through English, Welsh, bilingually or in a faith setting.
This approach has the overwhelming support of schools themselves, local authorities, teachers and parents. Our commitment is that all children, wherever they live, should have access to high quality education – delivered in surroundings fit for the provision of the National Curriculum – which enables them to develop their full potential. For this to become a reality all schools need to raise their sights.
The Welsh Government has a vision for schools of the future which:
- provides high quality and inspirational teaching and learning
- provides a broad and stimulating curriculum offering choice
- allows learners to develop at their own pace with attainment targets and methods of assessment designed to recognize a wider range of achievement
- incorporates social inclusion, sustainable development, equal opportunities and bilingualism into all aspects of school life.