“Far more than just a transport scheme” - First Minister makes the case for South Wales Metro on Brussels visit
The Metro is a catalyst for transforming the Welsh economy.
- Carl Sargeant confirms continued support for Flying Start and Families First
- Rural Affairs Secretary declares Prevention Zone to help protect poultry from Avian Flu in Europe.
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- “Far more than just a transport scheme” - First Minister makes the case for South Wales Metro on Brussels visit
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
21st Century Schools & Education Capital Programme
The 21st Century Schools and Education Capital Programme is about creating learning environments designed to improve the delivery of education in the 21st Century.
It is a major, long-term and strategic capital investment programme. It aims to deliver:
- learning environments in Wales that will enable the successful implementation of strategies for improvement and better educational outcomes
- greater economy and efficiency for learning environments through better use of resources
- a sustainable education system in Wales that meets national building standards and reduces the recurrent costs and carbon footprint of education buildings.
The programme will focus resources into educational buildings where investment is needed. Funding is jointly provided by Welsh Government and stakeholders.