A stable settlement in uncertain times: Mark Drakeford sets out Local Government funding for 2017-18
Local Government Secretary Mark Drakeford has announced £4.107 billion of funding for local authorities in 2017-18.
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
- Light at the end of the tunnel for congested M4 stretch
- A stable settlement in uncertain times: Mark Drakeford sets out Local Government funding for 2017-18
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Affordable housing provision
- Approaches to understanding outcomes and impact in Welsh public services
- Community pharmacy services
- General medical services contract: Quality and outcomes framework
- Key economic statistics - Headline results
- NHS cancer waiting times
- Time spent in NHS accident and emergency departments
- Young people not in education, employment or training (NEET)
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
21st Century Schools & Education Capital Programme
The 21st Century Schools and Education Capital Programme is about creating learning environments designed to improve the delivery of education in the 21st Century.
It is a major, long-term and strategic capital investment programme. It aims to deliver:
- learning environments in Wales that will enable the successful implementation of strategies for improvement and better educational outcomes
- greater economy and efficiency for learning environments through better use of resources
- a sustainable education system in Wales that meets national building standards and reduces the recurrent costs and carbon footprint of education buildings.
The programme will focus resources into educational buildings where investment is needed. Funding is jointly provided by Welsh Government and stakeholders.