Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
A new two-year contract to cut out more red tape from GPs’ workloads in Wales has been agreed by the Welsh Government and GPC Wales.
- Welsh Government makes the switch to gov.wales
- Dragon roars over Wall Street
- Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
28 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
GCE AS/A Levels in Applied Subjects
GCE AS and A levels have been available in a range of traditional subjects since 2000. In addition, since September 2005, they have been available in 10 vocational areas.
The structure of these was not changed as part of the 2008 review of AS/A levels. However, stretch and challenge was added to the A2 assessments and the A* grade introduced from summer 2010. The following titles are available:
- Applied art and design;
- Applied business;
- Applied ICT;
- Applied science;
- Health and social care;
- Leisure studies;
- Media: communication and production;
- Performing arts;
- Travel and tourism.
There are five awarding bodies that offer GCE AS/A Level qualifications. You can find out which applied AS/A levels they offer by visiting their websites: