Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
GCSE English Language 2012
The investigation was commissioned in the light of concerns about:
- the significant fall in outcomes at grades A* to C for candidates in Wales, compared with the outcomes in 2011
- significant variations in performance between schools and colleges in Wales, with a few centres experiencing significant improvements and many experiencing significant falls in outcomes when compared with 2011; and
- significant changes to grade boundaries for some units between January and June, by some awarding organisations.
This report has been prepared by the Qualifications and Learning Division of the Department for Education and Skills, which, on behalf of the Welsh Ministers, undertakes the functions relating to qualifications in Wales as set out in Section 30 of the Education Act 1997.