Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
A new two-year contract to cut out more red tape from GPs’ workloads in Wales has been agreed by the Welsh Government and GPC Wales.
- Bill a chance to provide the Wales We Want for our future generations
- Assembly to vote on landmark Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
- Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
27 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
GCSE English Language 2012
The investigation was commissioned in the light of concerns about:
- the significant fall in outcomes at grades A* to C for candidates in Wales, compared with the outcomes in 2011
- significant variations in performance between schools and colleges in Wales, with a few centres experiencing significant improvements and many experiencing significant falls in outcomes when compared with 2011; and
- significant changes to grade boundaries for some units between January and June, by some awarding organisations.
This report has been prepared by the Qualifications and Learning Division of the Department for Education and Skills, which, on behalf of the Welsh Ministers, undertakes the functions relating to qualifications in Wales as set out in Section 30 of the Education Act 1997.