Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
A £144 million EU and Welsh Government investment to fund over 50,000 apprenticeships in Wales has been announced by the First Minister, Carwyn Jones.
- Wales’ best interests lie in a prosperous Europe says First Minister
- Extra investment to support veterans in Wales
- £144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper - Reforming Local Government: Power to Local People
- Interim non-statutory standards for sustainable drainage (SuDS) in Wales – designing, constructing, operating and maintaining surface water drainage systems
- Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009 – Part 1 Guidance to Fire and Rescue Authorities and Fire and Rescue Authorities Support and Intervention Protocol
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Information for learners, parents and carers
It includes learning that takes place in school, college, university, work based learning, youth, sports and cultural activities in the community.
There has been transformation in the way young people are educated with the new qualifications that are available. Wider choice and flexibility means that young people will gain recognition in a range of ways that will be valued by universities, colleges and employers.
The Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales includes all QCF vocational qualifications - you may know some of them as BTEC awards, NVQs, or City and Guilds etc.
The booklet "Learning is changing", gives you more detail.
CQFW allows comparison of all types of qualifications and learning achievements at all levels. The fan diagram below illustrates that range with some examples.
The Credit and Qualification Framework for Wales benefits learners by:
- recognising and valuing your achievements
- assisting your progress in education and employment across the UK, and Europe
- making it easier for you to transfer your knowledge and skills between careers and providers of education and training
- and allowing you to accumulate credit and qualifications to meet a range of career and personal development needs.
From September 2011 secondary school students in Wales from Year 9 will be given their Unique Learner Number (ULN) which is a number for life - just like a National Insurance number except that it relates to education. It is used in Wales, England and Northern Ireland.
The ULN is important because it allows all of your learning achievements to be stored in one place – in your Personal Learning Record (PLR). Your Personal Learning Record will be available from 2012. You will be able to access it by logging on to the Careers Wales website.
You can find out more about the ULN by reading the factsheet in Related Links.
Other organisations (external links)
- Careers Wales -all age careers information and guidance
- University Candidate Application Service (UCAS)
- Europass - European CV with language skills
- Welsh Baccalaureate Qualification Guide
- Colleges Wales - raising the profile of further education
- Higher Education Funding Council in Wales (HEFCW)
- Volunteering in Wales - youth volunteers