Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Qualifications and their regulation
These pages contain information about the different types of qualifications which are available in Wales.
These qualifications may be taken by learners in schools, colleges, the workplace, community settings, prisons, residential settings or elsewhere.
The Regulation of Qualifications pages provide information about the way in which the Welsh Government currently regulates qualifications. Regulation involves:
- ensuring that awarding organisations are suitable to offer qualifications
- that qualifications are fit for purpose
- and that standards are maintained over time.
These regulatory processes mirror those of our fellow regulators in England (Ofqual) and Northern Ireland (CCEA). More information on this can be found in the relevant sections available on the left hand side.
These pages also include additional information, such as:
- qualifications available through the medium of Welsh or bilingually
- access to qualifications
- how qualifications compare and can be used in different UK nations
- qualifications frameworks.