Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Recycling in Wales reaches record high
New provisional figures published today show recycling in Wales continues to increase and is at its highest ever recorded level.
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Flintshire healthcare project helping people stay independent
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
68 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Policy reviews enable us to scrutinise existing policies. These are usually undertaken by independent experts.
We commission internal and external reviews to help inform and strengthen policy making decisions. Reviews vary in size, complexity and timescales. Experienced practitioners and experts from within the subject area work on these reviews.
Reviews are often established as 'Task and Finish Groups'. These groups are set up by seeking nominations from interested parties and the main political parties in Wales. Task and finish groups are ad-hoc advisory panels set up to perform a particular task, produce a report and then disband. Their work is usually relatively short term, and usually of a very specific and focused nature.