Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.Learn more »
Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
“My message to the Prime Minister this morning was simple. These plants cannot close.”
- Welsh Government agrees partnership in principle for £80m convention centre plans at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
- £43m to improve Wales’ primary care services
- Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Policy reviews enable us to scrutinise existing policies. These are usually undertaken by independent experts.
We commission internal and external reviews to help inform and strengthen policy making decisions. Reviews vary in size, complexity and timescales. Experienced practitioners and experts from within the subject area work on these reviews.
Reviews are often established as 'Task and Finish Groups'. These groups are set up by seeking nominations from interested parties and the main political parties in Wales. Task and finish groups are ad-hoc advisory panels set up to perform a particular task, produce a report and then disband. Their work is usually relatively short term, and usually of a very specific and focused nature.