Environment Secretary officially opens Merthyr community energy scheme
A community energy scheme which will use profits to enhance a local park has been officially opened today by the Environment Secretary, Lesley Griffiths.
- Funding to help young people & teachers Show Racism the Red Card
- JOINT EXCHEQUER COMMITTEE (WALES) - 24 OCTOBER 2016
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Environment Secretary officially opens Merthyr community energy scheme
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Proposed Education (Wales) Measure
On 5 October 2010 the Minister for Children, Education and Lifelong Learning wrote to a range of stakeholders on his initial proposals for an Education (Wales) Measure.
Specifically, the Minister asked stakeholders for views on legislating to:
- impose a duty on school governing bodies and the governing bodies of further education institutions, to consider collaboration when exercising appropriate functions, where this would improve the effective and efficient use of the school or institutions resources;
- improve the capability of governors through better support and access to quality training. In addition the Minister asked for views on improving the training of, and therefore the quality of the service provided, by the clerks to the Governing bodies;
- prevent an increase in the number of foundation schools by preventing schools from changing category to become foundation schools, and to prevent any new foundations schools being established;
- repeal of Section 347 of the Education Act 1996. This section relates to the approval by Welsh Ministers of Independent schools providing education to pupils with a statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN).
A summary of responses is included in the Explanatory Memorandum for the Proposed Education (Wales) Assembly Measure.