UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
78 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) 2009
PISA is run by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), and it assesses the knowledge and skills of students aged fifteen as they near the end of their schooling. Pupils are assessed on their competence to address real life challenges involving reading, mathematics and science.
The 2009 results paint an extremely disappointing picture of our performance and progress. Read the Minister's letter to stakeholders below.
The national report setting out PISA outcomes for Wales can be accessed on the website of the National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER), the national programme manager for PISA in Wales, England and Northern Ireland.
The OECD international report of PISA performance across the 65 participating countries can be accessed at the PISA website.