Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
66 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) 2009
PISA is run by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), and it assesses the knowledge and skills of students aged fifteen as they near the end of their schooling. Pupils are assessed on their competence to address real life challenges involving reading, mathematics and science.
The 2009 results paint an extremely disappointing picture of our performance and progress. Read the Minister's letter to stakeholders below.
The national report setting out PISA outcomes for Wales can be accessed on the website of the National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER), the national programme manager for PISA in Wales, England and Northern Ireland.
The OECD international report of PISA performance across the 65 participating countries can be accessed at the PISA website.