Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Following the announcement to declare a new Avian Influenza Prevention Zone the Chief Veterinary Officer for Wales is reminding bird keepers to be prepared ahead of its implementation next Tuesday.
- Out of Work Service funding extended until 2020
- Carwyn Connect heads to Penygraig
- Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Thinking Positively: Emotional Health and Well-being in Schools and Early Years settings
Well-being is at the heart of the School Effectiveness Framework (SEF) and is a crucial core element of the work of education settings. This is also reflected in the increased emphasis on well-being within the new common inspection framework, introduced in 2010 by Estyn.
The document offers:
- A summary overview of the key information and issues for schools and education settings in relation to promoting the emotional health and well-being of children and young people, including examples of current practice in Wales.
- Proposals to support schools and local authorities in taking forward their work in promoting emotional health and well-being, and for early identification and intervention for children and young people who are experiencing mental health problems.
- Signposting to resources and sources of support
Case studies are provided throughout the document to highlight examples of good practice in Wales.