Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
66 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Thinking Positively: Emotional Health and Well-being in Schools and Early Years settings
Well-being is at the heart of the School Effectiveness Framework (SEF) and is a crucial core element of the work of education settings. This is also reflected in the increased emphasis on well-being within the new common inspection framework, introduced in 2010 by Estyn.
The document offers:
- A summary overview of the key information and issues for schools and education settings in relation to promoting the emotional health and well-being of children and young people, including examples of current practice in Wales.
- Proposals to support schools and local authorities in taking forward their work in promoting emotional health and well-being, and for early identification and intervention for children and young people who are experiencing mental health problems.
- Signposting to resources and sources of support
Case studies are provided throughout the document to highlight examples of good practice in Wales.