Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- Finance Ministers will press Chancellor for infrastructure stimulus
- First Minister to mark 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Thinking Positively: Emotional Health and Well-being in Schools and Early Years settings
Well-being is at the heart of the School Effectiveness Framework (SEF) and is a crucial core element of the work of education settings. This is also reflected in the increased emphasis on well-being within the new common inspection framework, introduced in 2010 by Estyn.
The document offers:
- A summary overview of the key information and issues for schools and education settings in relation to promoting the emotional health and well-being of children and young people, including examples of current practice in Wales.
- Proposals to support schools and local authorities in taking forward their work in promoting emotional health and well-being, and for early identification and intervention for children and young people who are experiencing mental health problems.
- Signposting to resources and sources of support
Case studies are provided throughout the document to highlight examples of good practice in Wales.