Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
New figures show the number of young people not in education, employment or training in Wales fell during 2016
Skills and Science Minister, Julie James, has welcomed new figures showing a decline in the number of young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) during 2016.
- New funding lays the foundations for Wales Co-operative Housing initiative
- Carl Sargeant welcomes Help to Buy success
- New figures show the number of young people not in education, employment or training in Wales fell during 2016
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Skills That Work For Wales
Skills That Work for Wales builds on the consultation published in January 2008, and previous work including The Learning Country: Vision into Action.
The document also draws on the recent analyses and conclusions of two major independent reviews. This includes Lord Leitch’s review of skills in the UK and Sir Adrian Webb’s review of the mission and purpose of further education in Wales.
The seven fundamental messages of the Webb Review have been accepted and are reflected in Skills That Work for Wales.
The priorities addressed in the strategy and action plan are:
- improving the levels of basic literacy and numeracy skills in the workforce;
- ensuring everyone has skills essential to take up employment and maintain their employability within the labour market;
- increasing the demand for, and supply of, intermediate and high-level skills;
- addressing skills gaps and shortages in priority sectors and supporting economic development through our investment in post-19 skills; and
- establishing effective and efficient learning provision.