UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
71 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
School toilets: Good practice guidance for schools in Wales
This document sets out good practice guidance in relation to the maintenance and cleaning of school toilet facilities in schools in Wales, to inform the responsible bodies and to help inform local authority audits of school toilet and hand washing facilities. It is aimed at school governing bodies and headteachers, and local authorities may also find it helpful as an employer of school staff.
The guidance has been developed to take into account relevant reports, assist in the achievement of applicable hygiene standards and support relevant interventions recommended in the Children’s Environment and Health Strategy for the United Kingdom. The Welsh Government has issued this good practice guidance document with the expectation that it will contribute to improving the standard of provision in respect of toilet facilities within schools.