Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
67 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
School toilets: Good practice guidance for schools in Wales
This document sets out good practice guidance in relation to the maintenance and cleaning of school toilet facilities in schools in Wales, to inform the responsible bodies and to help inform local authority audits of school toilet and hand washing facilities. It is aimed at school governing bodies and headteachers, and local authorities may also find it helpful as an employer of school staff.
The guidance has been developed to take into account relevant reports, assist in the achievement of applicable hygiene standards and support relevant interventions recommended in the Children’s Environment and Health Strategy for the United Kingdom. The Welsh Government has issued this good practice guidance document with the expectation that it will contribute to improving the standard of provision in respect of toilet facilities within schools.