Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
65 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Statutory guidance to help prevent children and young people from missing education
The purpose of the duty is to make sure that children missing from education are identified quickly and that effective monitoring systems are put in place to ensure that the young person gains access to the most appropriate provision as quickly as possible.
The guidance provides advice and makes recommendations as to how to develop children and young people missing education policies and procedures as well as meet and embed standards. It sets out responsibilities for local authorities in relation to their duty and reflects effective good practice from around Wales and beyond our borders.
This guidance also includes a practical toolkit of useful forms and supplementary information which local authorities and schools may wish to consider the adoption of. The toolkit is also available in Word format