UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
70 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Statutory guidance to help prevent children and young people from missing education
The purpose of the duty is to make sure that children missing from education are identified quickly and that effective monitoring systems are put in place to ensure that the young person gains access to the most appropriate provision as quickly as possible.
The guidance provides advice and makes recommendations as to how to develop children and young people missing education policies and procedures as well as meet and embed standards. It sets out responsibilities for local authorities in relation to their duty and reflects effective good practice from around Wales and beyond our borders.
This guidance also includes a practical toolkit of useful forms and supplementary information which local authorities and schools may wish to consider the adoption of. The toolkit is also available in Word format