Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
New expert healthy relationships group to advise on curriculum
A new expert group to advise on healthy relationships in the current school curriculum is to be set up, Education Secretary Kirsty Williams announced today (Weds 1st March).
- Economy Secretary, Ken Skates announces £3m for Yr Egin
- People across Wales could benefit from change to care home charging
- New expert healthy relationships group to advise on curriculum
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Global futures – a plan to improve and promote modern foreign languages in Wales
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
The five-year plan sets out how we will work with the regional education consortia and key partners to help learners in Wales communicate effectively in other languages and appreciate other cultures.
The plan sets out three strategic actions:
- to promote and raise the profile of modern foreign languages as an important subject not only at GCSE (Level 2) but also as a longer term choice which can lead to career opportunities
- build capacity and support for the professional development of the education workforce to deliver modern foreign languages effectively from Year 5 onwards, enabling all learners to benefit from the bilingual plus 1 strategy via Professional Development for the education workforce, review of the Initial Teacher Education or Training (ITET) and pioneer schools network
- to provide enhanced learning opportunities to engage and excite learners.
An annual report which looks at the progress made during the first year of the plan (2015-2016), is also available.
Global futures (File size: 150KB)
Global futures: a year into our plan - Annual report (File size: 1.9MB)