Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
The Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales are contributing £10,000 of funding each to enable a Welsh team to compete in the Special Olympics National Games in Sheffield this summer.
- Appointments to Advisory Panel on Substance Misuse
- Superfast birth boosts business for Pwllheli farm
- Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Global futures – a plan to improve and promote modern foreign languages in Wales
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
The five-year plan sets out how we will work with the regional education consortia and key partners to help learners in Wales communicate effectively in other languages and appreciate other cultures.
The plan sets out three strategic actions:
- to promote and raise the profile of modern foreign languages as an important subject not only at GCSE (Level 2) but also as a longer term choice which can lead to career opportunities
- build capacity and support for the professional development of the education workforce to deliver modern foreign languages effectively from Year 5 onwards, enabling all learners to benefit from the bilingual plus 1 strategy via Professional Development for the education workforce, review of the Initial Teacher Education or Training (ITET) and pioneer schools network
- to provide enhanced learning opportunities to engage and excite learners.
An annual report which looks at the progress made during the first year of the plan (2015-2016), is also available.
Global futures (File size: 150KB)
Global futures: a year into our plan - Annual report (File size: 1.9MB)