Vaughan Gething in Uganda to mark 10 years of Wales for Africa
He will see some of the projects and meet some of the people who have benefitted from the successful scheme.
- Have your say on new approach to building resilient communities
- Vaughan Gething confirms £18m investment in the new SuRNICC
- Vaughan Gething in Uganda to mark 10 years of Wales for Africa
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The learning journey for young people placed by the Youth Justice Board (YJB) in Secure Children’s Homes (SCHs) in Wales
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
This document covers requirements for the provision of education and training for young people placed in SCHs via the YJB.
This document is jointly owned by the Youth Justice Board (YJB) and the Welsh Assembly Government (WAG).
The purpose of this document is to:
- describe the policy environment in which young offenders’ learning and skills provision is set;
- describe the role that young offenders’ learning and skills provision is expected to play in achieving the Government’s policy objectives in England and Wales;
- set out requirements and good practice for the delivery of learning and skills services for juvenile offenders in Secure Children’s Homes (SCHs). It looks to promote consistent education and training experiences for young offenders between custody and the community, with provision based on meeting personal needs and fostering young peoples’ engagement, progression and achievement; and
- set out the requirements and expectations that the YJB and WAG have for the provision of education and training for children and young people (placed by the YJB) in SCHs in Wales.