Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.Learn more »
Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
“My message to the Prime Minister this morning was simple. These plants cannot close.”
- Welsh Government agrees partnership in principle for £80m convention centre plans at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
- £43m to improve Wales’ primary care services
- Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Work Based Learning Pathways
On the Work Based Learning Pathways you will continue to study the core National Curriculum subjects, but will also pursue vocational qualifications. You will learn through a mixture of classroom lessons, practical training and work experience.
Teachers and experienced employees or trainers share responsibility for your learning. They work together in a partnership that includes schools, colleges, training providers and employers. As well as delivering education, they provide a support network to help you get the most out of the programme.
We are working with leading businesses in several sectors:
- Construction and the Built Environment
- Motor Industry
- Sport Management
- Leadership and Coaching
- Technologies and Textiles
Partnerships monitor your progress against clear outcomes and expectations:
- specific milestones for your course
- your attendance
- your timekeeping
- your behaviour
This will be fed back to your school, parents and guardians.
For general help and advice about Work Based Learning Pathways, you can contact Careers Wales:
- E-mail: email@example.com
Or you can contact us at: