Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
- National Pathway for Homelessness Services to Children, Young People and Adults in the Secure Estate
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
0 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Work Based Learning Pathways
On the Work Based Learning Pathways you will continue to study the core National Curriculum subjects, but will also pursue vocational qualifications. You will learn through a mixture of classroom lessons, practical training and work experience.
Teachers and experienced employees or trainers share responsibility for your learning. They work together in a partnership that includes schools, colleges, training providers and employers. As well as delivering education, they provide a support network to help you get the most out of the programme.
We are working with leading businesses in several sectors:
- Construction and the Built Environment
- Motor Industry
- Sport Management
- Leadership and Coaching
- Technologies and Textiles
Partnerships monitor your progress against clear outcomes and expectations:
- specific milestones for your course
- your attendance
- your timekeeping
- your behaviour
This will be fed back to your school, parents and guardians.
For general help and advice about Work Based Learning Pathways, you can contact Careers Wales:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can contact us at: