UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
69 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Work Based Learning Pathways
On the Work Based Learning Pathways you will continue to study the core National Curriculum subjects, but will also pursue vocational qualifications. You will learn through a mixture of classroom lessons, practical training and work experience.
Teachers and experienced employees or trainers share responsibility for your learning. They work together in a partnership that includes schools, colleges, training providers and employers. As well as delivering education, they provide a support network to help you get the most out of the programme.
We are working with leading businesses in several sectors:
- Construction and the Built Environment
- Motor Industry
- Sport Management
- Leadership and Coaching
- Technologies and Textiles
Partnerships monitor your progress against clear outcomes and expectations:
- specific milestones for your course
- your attendance
- your timekeeping
- your behaviour
This will be fed back to your school, parents and guardians.
For general help and advice about Work Based Learning Pathways, you can contact Careers Wales:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can contact us at: