Revolutionary new law to increase donor rates comes into force in Wales
Wales has today become the first country in the UK to introduce a revolutionary new system to increase the number of organ donors (Tuesday December 1).
- Metro Project ‘huge opportunity for Wales’ says transport industry
- Wales’ Health Minister calls on UK Government to ban fatty and sugary food adverts on TV before 9pm
- Revolutionary new law to increase donor rates comes into force in Wales
- Local Government Act 2000 Part III, Conduct of Local Government Members - Amendments to Subordinate Legislation
- Packaging Producer Responsibility Scheme
- Proposed New Management Measures for the Scallop Fishery in Cardigan Bay
- The Public Sector Waste and Resource Efficiency Plan
- Code of Practice on the Role of the Director of Social Services under Part 8 of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) 2014 Act
- Refugee and Asylum Seeker Delivery Plan
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The Learning Core
The Learning Core recognises the wider learning by young people, and the skills, knowledge and understanding, values and experiences that all 14-19 year olds require whatever their chosen pathway.
There is an important distinction between the Learning Core and what is sometimes termed “core provision” is schools. The Learning Core is more flexible and wide-ranging and the whole of the learners’ programme can contribute to the Learning Core.
The flexibility of the Learning Core can be its strength because it can accommodate all learners.
Taking up this opportunity should help both the learner and the provider. Young people need to develop skills and capabilities that make them better able to deal with further learning and with the demands of work. Providers can benefit from having more motivated and more effective learners.