Secondary School attendance levels at record high
Education Minister, Huw Lewis has welcomed statistics released today which show secondary school attendance rates in Wales continue to rise.
- £65million investment for Wrexham as Cytec plans new facility with Welsh Government support
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The Learning Core
The Learning Core recognises the wider learning by young people, and the skills, knowledge and understanding, values and experiences that all 14-19 year olds require whatever their chosen pathway.
There is an important distinction between the Learning Core and what is sometimes termed “core provision” is schools. The Learning Core is more flexible and wide-ranging and the whole of the learners’ programme can contribute to the Learning Core.
The flexibility of the Learning Core can be its strength because it can accommodate all learners.
Taking up this opportunity should help both the learner and the provider. Young people need to develop skills and capabilities that make them better able to deal with further learning and with the demands of work. Providers can benefit from having more motivated and more effective learners.