UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
79 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The Learning Core
The Learning Core recognises the wider learning by young people, and the skills, knowledge and understanding, values and experiences that all 14-19 year olds require whatever their chosen pathway.
There is an important distinction between the Learning Core and what is sometimes termed “core provision” is schools. The Learning Core is more flexible and wide-ranging and the whole of the learners’ programme can contribute to the Learning Core.
The flexibility of the Learning Core can be its strength because it can accommodate all learners.
Taking up this opportunity should help both the learner and the provider. Young people need to develop skills and capabilities that make them better able to deal with further learning and with the demands of work. Providers can benefit from having more motivated and more effective learners.