Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
£36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
A new £36m EU-backed scheme to develop post-graduate research and innovation skills in partnership with small and medium-sized businesses has been announced by the First Minister
- Taking Wales Forward
- Statement by the First Minister of Wales: Moving Wales Forward
- £36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
- Building Regulations Sustainability Review
- Support for foundation years
- Support for postgraduate study and part-time engineering, technology or computer science degrees
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Wider choice and flexibility
The Learning and Skills (Wales) 2009 Measure secured a wider choice of curriculum and high quality learning support for 14-19 year old learners across Wales.
The Measure is a means of driving the implementation of 14-19 Learning Pathways. It has ensured that all learners key stage 4 in Wales are able to choose from a minimum of 25 courses of which three must be vocational and that 30 choices are available to 16-18 year old learners, of which 5 must be vocational.
Young people have the chance to study a wide range of subjects on top of vital subjects like Maths and English. There are a range of vocational courses on offer that include work experience and learning outside of the school environment.