First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
First Minister Carwyn Jones has announced the next tranche in a series of major investments as part of an ongoing programme of support to secure the long term future of the Tata steel works in Wales.
- Attainment gap for those on free school meals closes again
- Significant fall in diagnostics and therapy waits in Wales
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Careers advice and guidance
All 14-19 learners are entitled to access impartial and professional careers information, advice and guidance.
This service is delivered by Careers Wales, the all Wales, all age, bilingual careers information advice and guidance service. You will find a wide range of information and different online tools to help individuals identify their options regarding the many different career paths that are available, at the Careers Wales website.
Since 1st April 2013 Career Choices Dewis Gyrfa (CCDG), which provides services as Careers Wales, has been a wholly owned subsidiary of the Welsh Government. Each year Careers Wales receives an annual remit letter from Welsh Ministers.
Careers and work related education is provided by schools for their pupils as part of the Careers and World of Work curriculum framework requirements.