Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Supporting People budget protected
The Supporting People budget for local authorities in 2017-18 has been protected at the same level as this year.
- First Minister celebrates the inspiring winners of the 2017 St David Awards
- Welsh Government confirms commitment to £1bn of innovative investment in infrastructure
- Supporting People budget protected
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Learning Pathways 14 to 19
Learning Pathways 14 to 19 is the distinct approach being taken in Wales to transform the way in which young people are educated.
The approach focuses on the needs of individual learners and their learning experience formal, non-formal and in-formal education and the development of skills which will help them to achieve their potential.
The learning pathways framework consists of six key elements. Some are unique to Wales and fall into two distinct categories: Learner provision and learner support.
The three elements of learner provision are:
- individual learning pathway: – to meet the needs of each individual, including formal, non-formal and informal strands
- wider choice and flexibility of courses – leading to qualifications from a local curriculum
- wider learning from the learning Core – including skills, knowledge, attitudes values and experiences that all 14 to 19 year olds will need whatever their pathway.
Learner support are:
- access to learning coach – support for learning to be available at greater intensity for those in greatest need
- access to personal support – to help overcome personal barriers to learning
- impartial careers advice and guidance.