Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
A new two-year contract to cut out more red tape from GPs’ workloads in Wales has been agreed by the Welsh Government and GPC Wales.
- Bill a chance to provide the Wales We Want for our future generations
- St David’s Day marks nine months to go until Wales changes its organ donation law
- Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
28 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
As part of our overall quality strategy, we are putting in place a structured approach to improving quality and raising standards across the post-16 sector. This includes looking at how we can use funding, advice and guidance, and the dissemination of good practice to support improvement initiatives, both within individual providers and across the sector as a whole.
The Investing in Quality Programme
Our Investing in Quality programme supports post-16 providers to improve quality. Some of the projects providers have been involved in during the life of the programme include:
- self-assessment support and guidance;
- Quality Improvement Fund in 2005/06 and 2007/08;
- post-inspection support for grades 4 and 5;
- peer assessor support;
- Performance Improvement Advisers; and
This support will continue as an integral part of the Quality and Effectiveness Framework, but there will be more emphasis on partnership working and on innovative activities that will increase effectiveness such as benchmarking, active involvement of learners, peer review and action research projects.
Please visit the Learning and Skills Observatory website for up to date education, learning, skills and labour market news, information and research materials.