UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
71 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Background to the Quality and Effectiveness Framework
The Quality and Effectiveness Framework is based on a small number of core indicators which:
- reflect our strategic priorities, including the full range of initiatives encompassed by the Skills that Work for Wales agenda
- are measurable
- are easily understood and transparent, so that providers know how their performance will be measured and can use the indicators in their own self-assessments
- can also be used to support Estyn inspections
- can be derived from existing data returns or information which can be collected without imposing unnecessary additional bureaucracy on providers.
The phased approach to the introduction of the framework, has allowed sufficient time to develop the new measures and to test them with providers and learners themselves. We will continue our emphasis on effective leadership and management, which will primarily be evaluated through providers' own self-assessments and through Estyn inspections.