“NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
NHS Bursaries for eligible student nurses, midwives and allied health professionals will continue to be available in Wales in 2017/18.
- Welsh Government appoints Emma Watkins to key role
- People with diabetes deserve the best possible care and support - says Health Secretary
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- “NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Quality and Effectiveness Framework
These pages inform learning providers of how our policies affect them. You will also find guidance and resources for providers of education in Wales.
Work-based learning (WBL) gives new employees the opportunity to learn essential skills on the job.
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
The Quality and Effectiveness Framework (QEF) for post-16 learning will help us to ensure that the education and training that it funds is of high quality and meets the needs of learners.
QEF is primarily based on the following core indicators:
- Learner outcomes reports (LORs)
- Benchmarking tool
- Value Added
- National Comparators
- Employer engagement
- Learner satisfaction
- Learner involvement
Leadership and management
- Peer Review
Please visit the Learning Wales website for key information on themed ‘Improvement areas’ and guidance, case studies and reports outlining successful approaches for improving quality.
Quality and Effectiveness Framework for post-16 learning - Impact assessment (File size: 384KB)