UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
77 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Quality and Effectiveness Framework
These pages inform learning providers of how our policies affect them. You will also find guidance and resources for providers of education in Wales.
Work-based learning (WBL) gives new employees the opportunity to learn essential skills on the job.
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
The Quality and Effectiveness Framework (QEF) for post-16 learning will help us to ensure that the education and training that it funds is of high quality and meets the needs of learners.
QEF is primarily based on the following core indicators:
- Learner outcomes reports (LORs)
- Benchmarking tool
- Value Added
- National Comparators
- Employer engagement
- Learner satisfaction
- Learner involvement
Leadership and management
- Peer Review
Please visit the Learning Wales website for key information on themed ‘Improvement areas’ and guidance, case studies and reports outlining successful approaches for improving quality.
Quality and Effectiveness Framework for post-16 learning - Impact assessment (File size: 384KB)