Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
£36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
A new £36m EU-backed scheme to develop post-graduate research and innovation skills in partnership with small and medium-sized businesses has been announced by the First Minister
- Taking Wales Forward
- Statement by the First Minister of Wales: Moving Wales Forward
- £36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
- Building Regulations Sustainability Review
- Support for foundation years
- Support for postgraduate study and part-time engineering, technology or computer science degrees
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Quality and Effectiveness Framework
These pages inform learning providers of how our policies affect them. You will also find guidance and resources for providers of education in Wales.
Work-based learning (WBL) gives new employees the opportunity to learn essential skills on the job.
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
The Quality and Effectiveness Framework (QEF) for post-16 learning will help us to ensure that the education and training that it funds is of high quality and meets the needs of learners.
QEF is primarily based on the following core indicators:
- Learner outcomes reports (LORs)
- Benchmarking tool
- Value Added
- National Comparators
- Employer engagement
- Learner satisfaction
- Learner involvement
Leadership and management
- Peer Review
Please visit the Learning Wales website for key information on themed ‘Improvement areas’ and guidance, case studies and reports outlining successful approaches for improving quality.
Quality and Effectiveness Framework for post-16 learning - Impact assessment (File size: 384KB)