UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
71 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
English for Speakers of Other Languages
- To improve security in the immigration system, the Home Office has introduced a revised list of Secure English Language Tests (SELTs) and test centres.
- The Home Office believes that the security of the immigration and nationality system needs strengthening, and that it would not be feasible or reasonable to require other institutions to introduce the type of security measures the Home Office will be requiring of all new SELT list providers.
Consequently, from November 2015, in addition to passing the Life in the UK test, individuals applying for settlement or citizenship will be required to demonstrate their English language skills by taking a test at one of the centres on the new SELT list.
- This change will come into force during autumn 2015. This will give those individuals studying a funded course this academic year the opportunity to make an application for settlement or citizenship using that qualification, as well as ensuring that any starting a course later in 2015 are aware of the changing requirements.
- It should be noted that this does not apply to Refugees who are not required to provide evidence of English language ability in their applications for settlement.
- Welsh Government Officials are liaising with colleagues in the UK Home Office and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills to draft more detailed guidance once more information becomes available.