Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Mark Drakeford announces additional £20m for social care in 2017-18
Finance Secretary Mark Drakeford has announced the Welsh Government will invest an additional £20m in social care in 2017-18.
- Health Secretary connects with NHS Wales staff
- Increase in funding to help Wales’ most disadvantaged pupils – Kirsty Williams
- Mark Drakeford announces additional £20m for social care in 2017-18
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Policy Statement on Higher Education
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
This policy statement seeks to set a new vision for higher education in Wales as we approach 2020.
Building on the successes of recent years and the strengths of Welsh higher education, it establishes a clear set of priorities for the years ahead.
It sets out a vision in which higher education providers:
- interact with businesses to stimulate innovation and economic growth
- work to enhance the employability of all graduates, whatever their age, background or course of study
- work in partnership with the Welsh Government to development international links
- collaborate with further education providers to ensure that opportunities to progress are available to learners
- make best use of opportunities to exploit new technologies
- strive to provide the highest quality learning experience to all those with the potential to benefit
- develop the sector's reputation for excellence in research
- continue to support the development of Welsh-medium higher education
- develop more flexible models of provision to build a more successful and sustainable future.