UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
79 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Services for Higher Education
Student Finance Wales can provide a Tuition Fee Loan and a Tuition Fee Grant to pay your tuition fees and can help towards your costs while studying by providing a Maintenance Loan. A Welsh Government Learning Grant is available for eligible students, depending on household income.
There is also extra help available for students with special circumstances, such as disabled students and students with caring responsibilities.
Telephone Student Finance Wales
If you need to discuss your student financial support, you can call the bilingual Student Finance Wales Contact Centre. They can advise on general questions such as what financial help is available, the application process and
the progress of your applications.
Tel: 0300 200 4050 (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 9am and 1pm on Saturday)
Student Finance Wales online
Visit the Student Finance Wales website for more information
European University Institute
We support one eligible student per academic year with a grant for living costs of up to €18,099 each year, plus any supplementary grants and additional student support they are eligible for. More information can be found on the European University Institute website (external link).