Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
65 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Services for Higher Education
Student Finance Wales can provide a Tuition Fee Loan and a Tuition Fee Grant to pay your tuition fees and can help towards your costs while studying by providing a Maintenance Loan. A Welsh Government Learning Grant is available for eligible students, depending on household income.
There is also extra help available for students with special circumstances, such as disabled students and students with caring responsibilities.
Telephone Student Finance Wales
If you need to discuss your student financial support, you can call the bilingual Student Finance Wales Contact Centre. They can advise on general questions such as what financial help is available, the application process and
the progress of your applications.
Tel: 0300 200 4050 (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and between 9am and 1pm on Saturday)
Student Finance Wales online
Visit the Student Finance Wales website for more information
European University Institute
We support one eligible student per academic year with a grant for living costs of up to €18,099 each year, plus any supplementary grants and additional student support they are eligible for. More information can be found on the European University Institute website (external link).