UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
77 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The Welsh Government supports a strong and varied Higher Education sector in Wales.
Information about our policies for the sector can be found in this section of the website.
We fund the Higher Education (HE) sector in Wales though the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW), with support for students being provided by Student Finance Wales.
This is a delivery partnership in which the Welsh Government, the Student Loans Company, local authorities and Further and Higher Education Institutions in Wales each have their respective roles in the development of policy, promotion, assessment and payment of grants and loans to students.
Our policy document 'For our future' details our 21st Century HE strategy and plan for Wales. It is based on a vision of a HE community which, through the combined efforts of its members, transforms lives and livelihoods across Wales. It seeks to deliver social justice and support for a buoyant economy.