“If Brexit is about “taking back control” then trying to override the British constitution is a bad start” – Counsel General for Wales
The UK will leave the EU, but the UK Government cannot trigger ‘Brexit’ by overriding the laws and conventions of the British constitution, the Counsel General for Wales, Mick Antoniw has said.
- Minister welcomes £10m investment in Cardiff University
- International scale installations to mark “Year of Legends”
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- “If Brexit is about “taking back control” then trying to override the British constitution is a bad start” – Counsel General for Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
It encourages children to be creative, imaginative and makes learning more enjoyable and more effective.
Children will be given opportunities to explore the world around them and understand how things work by taking part in practical activities relevant to their developmental stage. They will be challenged through practical activities and develop their thinking with open-ended questions. Children will be encouraged to explore concepts and share ideas for solving problems.
The Foundation Phase has 7 areas of learning which are delivered through practical activities and active learning experiences both indoors and outdoors. The areas of learning are:
- personal and social development, well-being and cultural diversity
- language, literacy and communication skills
- mathematical development
- Welsh language development
- knowledge and understanding of the world
- physical development
- creative development.
Guidance and training materials (external link) to help deliver the Foundation Phase are available on Learning Wales.