Secondary School attendance levels at record high
Education Minister, Huw Lewis has welcomed statistics released today which show secondary school attendance rates in Wales continue to rise.
- £65million investment for Wrexham as Cytec plans new facility with Welsh Government support
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
It encourages children to be creative, imaginative and makes learning more enjoyable and more effective.
Children will be given opportunities to explore the world around them and understand how things work by taking part in practical activities relevant to their developmental stage. They will be challenged through practical activities and develop their thinking with open-ended questions. Children will be encouraged to explore concepts and share ideas for solving problems.
The Foundation Phase has 7 Areas of Learning which are delivered through practical activities and active learning experiences both indoors and outdoors. The Areas of Learning are:
- Personal and Social Development, Well-being and Cultural Diversity
- Language, Literacy and Communication Skills
- Mathematical Development
- Welsh Language Development
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Physical Development
- Creative Development.
Guidance and training materials (external link) to help deliver the Foundation Phase are available on Learning Wales.