Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
67 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
In the 2001 Post-16 Reforms, the English Government identified a need to provide better services to learners and organisations involved in education and training. They also saw a need to reduce bureaucracy across the sector by improving the management of information.
In 2002 the Managing Information Across Partners Programme was established with the support of 17 organisations involved in education. The Managing Information Across Partners team set out to map the data and management issues across the sector and identify options for improvement.
They identified the need to:
- Introduce common data definitions to be used and shared by all organisations across the sector;
- Create a UK Register of Learning Providers. For more information go to the UK Register of Learning Providers website;
- Introduce a Unique Learner Number for everyone in education and training, accessed through a web based Learner Registration Service. For more information please go to the Unique Learner Number website and Learner Registration Service website;
- Establish a mechanism for enabling learners to create their own records of participation and achievement. Which they can share with advisers, providers and potential employers should they choose to.
The delivery of Managing Information Across Partners is the responsibility of the Skills Funding Agency. Please visit the Skills Funding Agency website for more information.
The Managing Information Across Partners Programme is now supported by more than 40 partner organisations, and has moved a long way towards delivering against the initial proposals:
- A Common Data Definition has been agreed. This is being fed into the work of the Cross Education Information Standards Board;
- The UK Register of Learning Providers was launched in August 2005;
- The Learner Registration Service and Unique Learner Number tests and trials were completed in August 2007;
- The Learner Registration Service was launched in September 2007 to a group of 60 early adopter organisations – there are now over 5400 organisations registered;
- There are almost 9 million individuals with a Unique Learner Number;
- The Personal Learning Record was launched in 2009.
In September 2010 the name Managing Information Across Partners has been replaced by the Learning Records Service.