UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
79 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Unique Learner Number
We are facilitating the allocation of ULNs for pupils aged 14 and over in maintained schools in Wales. This will support a number of functions, specifically in the first instance it will assist with data aggregation for the Welsh Baccalaureate Qualification.
Learners retain their ULN for life and it links to all learning, wherever it is undertaken. The ULN is required for the administration of units in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) which forms part of the wider Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales (CQFW).
The ULN in time will enable a lifelong record of achievements to be built in a Wales Learning Record. Learners will be able to view their records online, share information with learning providers, and advice and guidance professionals. Details could also be shown to third parties such as employers if learners wished to do so.
The ULN is administered on a UK wide basis by the Learning Records Service. Further information is available on the Learning Records website.