Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Recycling in Wales reaches record high
New provisional figures published today show recycling in Wales continues to increase and is at its highest ever recorded level.
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Flintshire healthcare project helping people stay independent
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
68 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The ICT Strategy team are responsible for developing the potential of ICT to support teaching, learning and assessment in schools and post-16 settings.
We work in partnership with local authorities, and other government bodies.
We live in a society which is increasingly dependent on technology, from online shopping to booking a holiday.
A recent survey by Becta, the government agency leading the national drive to ensure the effective and innovative use of technology throughout learning, indicated that the percentage of households with access to broadband has grown from just 8% in 2003 to 85% in 2008.
The ICT Strategy team are responsible for developing the potential of ICT to support teaching, learning and assessment in schools and post-16 settings. We work in partnership with local authorities, and other government bodies.
Along with developing an e-learning and ICT strategy the team are responsible for promoting the use of the Becta ICT Self Review Framework to support school effectiveness across Wales. We are also the lead on the One Wales commitment to pilot the provision of laptops for children.
An important part of our work is the managing and developing of the National Grid for Learning Cymru initiative, as a “one stop shop” that provides online teaching resources and good practice guidance.
We also work in partnership with 14-19 networks to develop policies on the use of learning platforms, reviewing and updating the post-16 eLearning Framework for Wales; and provide guidance on e-safety issues.
We work in partnership with local authorities, and other government bodies such as:
- The Public Sector Broadband Aggregation (PSBA) Wales programme. This is a Welsh Government led activity that is creating an information & communications platform for greater collaboration across the public sector. See the PSBA website for more information.
- Becta is the government agency leading the national drive to ensure the effective and innovative use of technology throughout learning. See the Becta website for more information.
- JISC Regional Support Centre who advise learning providers on the deployment of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT). See the JISC website for more information.
- The National Grid for Learning Cymru (NGfL Cymru) is managed by the Welsh Joint Education Committee (WJEC) on behalf of the Welsh Government. It consists of nearly 3,000 high quality downloadable educational resources which support all Key Stages of the Curriculum, from Early Years to Post 16. Many of the resources are interactive, and all have been produced by practising teachers. See the NGfL website for more information.