Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
A £144 million EU and Welsh Government investment to fund over 50,000 apprenticeships in Wales has been announced by the First Minister, Carwyn Jones.
- Wales’ best interests lie in a prosperous Europe says First Minister
- Extra investment to support veterans in Wales
- £144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the code of practice in relation to measuring the performance of social services.
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
All sector policies
In this section you can find information about our policies affecting all ages and learning environments.
Topics such as basic literacy and numeracy, Welsh language, health and safety and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) affect across all ages and learning environments.
Our policies in these areas ensure that we have commonality across the education and skills sector.
- Reduction in young people not in education, employment or training (NEET) in Wales
- Welsh qualifications reform welcomed by leading businesses and academia
- Jobs Growth Wales target beaten - six months early
- New plan to ensure learners are Qualified for Life
- More than 12,000 young people find work thanks to Jobs Growth Wales