UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
78 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
About this topic
Education and training not only shapes life chances but also directly affects our economic performance.
Poverty continues to present a barrier that prevents many from realising their full potential. We aim to ensure that everyone has the support they need to access a full range of learning and employment opportunities.
In particular we aim to ensure that children and young people have improved levels of literacy and numeracy. We seek to ensure that children and young people have access to a broad and balanced curriculum and that practitioners deliver high-quality teaching, training and leadership.
We seek to ensure that everyone has access to high-quality training to gain the right skills to increase sustainable employment and business growth.
The key actions in our programme for government to deliver are:
- improving Early Years’ experiences
- improving school attainment
- developing Welsh-medium education
- improving further and higher education.