Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.Learn more »
Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
“My message to the Prime Minister this morning was simple. These plants cannot close.”
- Welsh Government agrees partnership in principle for £80m convention centre plans at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
- £43m to improve Wales’ primary care services
- Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
About this topic
Education and training not only shapes life chances but also directly affects our economic performance.
Poverty continues to present a barrier that prevents many from realising their full potential. We aim to ensure that everyone has the support they need to access a full range of learning and employment opportunities.
In particular we aim to ensure that children and young people have improved levels of literacy and numeracy. We seek to ensure that children and young people have access to a broad and balanced curriculum and that practitioners deliver high-quality teaching, training and leadership.
We seek to ensure that everyone has access to high-quality training to gain the right skills to increase sustainable employment and business growth.
The key actions in our programme for government to deliver are:
- improving Early Years’ experiences
- improving school attainment
- developing Welsh-medium education
- improving further and higher education.