Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
- National Pathway for Homelessness Services to Children, Young People and Adults in the Secure Estate
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
0 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
About this topic
Education and training not only shapes life chances but also directly affects our economic performance.
Poverty continues to present a barrier that prevents many from realising their full potential. We aim to ensure that everyone has the support they need to access a full range of learning and employment opportunities.
In particular we aim to ensure that children and young people have improved levels of literacy and numeracy. We seek to ensure that children and young people have access to a broad and balanced curriculum and that practitioners deliver high-quality teaching, training and leadership.
We seek to ensure that everyone has access to high-quality training to gain the right skills to increase sustainable employment and business growth.
The key actions in our programme for government to deliver are:
- improving Early Years’ experiences
- improving school attainment
- developing Welsh-medium education
- improving further and higher education.