“NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
NHS Bursaries for eligible student nurses, midwives and allied health professionals will continue to be available in Wales in 2017/18.
- Welsh Government appoints Emma Watkins to key role
- People with diabetes deserve the best possible care and support - says Health Secretary
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- “NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
About this topic
Education and training not only shapes life chances but also directly affects our economic performance.
Poverty continues to present a barrier that prevents many from realising their full potential. We aim to ensure that everyone has the support they need to access a full range of learning and employment opportunities.
In particular we aim to ensure that children and young people have improved levels of literacy and numeracy. We seek to ensure that children and young people have access to a broad and balanced curriculum and that practitioners deliver high-quality teaching, training and leadership.
We seek to ensure that everyone has access to high-quality training to gain the right skills to increase sustainable employment and business growth.
The key actions in our programme for government to deliver are:
- improving Early Years’ experiences
- improving school attainment
- developing Welsh-medium education
- improving further and higher education.