UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
72 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
If you are aged 16 and under or 60 and over, you can swim for free at your local authority swimming pool.
We are funding free swimming in Wales for:
- children and young people aged 16 and under during all school holidays and at the weekend
- older people aged 60 and over outside school holidays.
Some local authorities have extended the scheme to provide 60+ free swimming all year around.
The Free Swimming pilot initiative is the 1st of its kind in Europe. It aims to increase participation in physical activity and improve the health and well-being of the nation. It does this by improving access to local authority leisure services.
We invest £3·5m per year in the Free Swimming initiative. Sport Wales (external link) manages the scheme and it is delivered by our partners in local authorities.