Vaughan Gething in Uganda to mark 10 years of Wales for Africa
As part of the celebrations to mark ten years of the Wales for Africa programme, Vaughan Gething is in Uganda to meet some of the people who have benefitted from the successful scheme.
- Have your say on new approach to building resilient communities
- Vaughan Gething confirms £18m investment in the new SuRNICC
- Vaughan Gething in Uganda to mark 10 years of Wales for Africa
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
If you are aged 16 and under or 60 and over, you can swim for free at your local authority swimming pool.
We are funding free swimming in Wales for:
- children and young people aged 16 and under during all school holidays and at the weekend
- older people aged 60 and over outside school holidays.
Some local authorities have extended the scheme to provide 60+ free swimming all year around.
The Free Swimming pilot initiative is the 1st of its kind in Europe. It aims to increase participation in physical activity and improve the health and well-being of the nation. It does this by improving access to local authority leisure services.
We invest £3·5m per year in the Free Swimming initiative. Sport Wales (external link) manages the scheme and it is delivered by our partners in local authorities.