Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
New £20m a year fund to help keep people out of hospital and in their own home
A new, £20m-a-year Welsh Government fund will support people in their own homes and local communities, reducing pressure on hospitals.
- New law to reduce homelessness comes into force
- Review of the legal sector in Wales commissioned to identify opportunities for growth
- New £20m a year fund to help keep people out of hospital and in their own home
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper - Reforming Local Government: Power to Local People
- Interim non-statutory standards for sustainable drainage (SuDS) in Wales – designing, constructing, operating and maintaining surface water drainage systems
- Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009 – Part 1 Guidance to Fire and Rescue Authorities and Fire and Rescue Authorities Support and Intervention Protocol
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Archives are records of individuals or organisations with significant historical, cultural or administrative value.
Archive services seek to preserve unique archival heritage by collecting, listing, storing and making historic records of all kinds available to the public.
Archives in Wales
There are 13 local authority archive services in Wales, which collect and preserve records relating to the history of the local area. There are also a number of higher education and specialist archive repositories which collect archives of local and national interest and importance. Visit the Archives Wales website for more information about archive services in Wales.
Archives for the 21st Century
Archives for the 21st Century was produced in parallel versions for Wales and England in 2009. It outlines the challenges currently facing the archives sector and highlights the important contributions that archives can make to local communities. See the link to "Archives for the 21st Century" on the left for more information, and access to the Wales document.
Here is a list of sites of interest for the archive sector.