UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
70 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Distribution of Lottery funding in Wales has not been devolved to the Welsh Government. However, the Minister for Culture and Sport can influence the strategic direction of the Lottery distributors in Wales. He does this by issuing policy directions. These detail outcomes and priorities that should be delivered in Wales, but do not determine which projects receive funding.
National Lottery Distributors
There are five main organisations in Wales that distribute funds from the National Lottery. Each one has its own programme and funding priorities. The distributors are:
- Big Lottery Fund
- Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF)
- Arts Council of Wales (ACW)
- Sport Wales
- National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (NESTA)
The Welsh Government is currently reviewing Lottery Distributors' policy directions. Directions have been issued to the Big Lottery Fund and the Heritage Lottery Fund.
You can also access information by visiting the Lottery Good Causes website (external link).