Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Recycling in Wales reaches record high
New provisional figures published today show recycling in Wales continues to increase and is at its highest ever recorded level.
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Flintshire healthcare project helping people stay independent
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
68 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Distribution of Lottery funding in Wales has not been devolved to the Welsh Government. However, the Minister for Culture and Sport can influence the strategic direction of the Lottery distributors in Wales. He does this by issuing policy directions. These detail outcomes and priorities that should be delivered in Wales, but do not determine which projects receive funding.
National Lottery Distributors
There are five main organisations in Wales that distribute funds from the National Lottery. Each one has its own programme and funding priorities. The distributors are:
- Big Lottery Fund
- Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF)
- Arts Council of Wales (ACW)
- Sport Wales
- National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (NESTA)
The Welsh Government is currently reviewing Lottery Distributors' policy directions. Directions have been issued to the Big Lottery Fund and the Heritage Lottery Fund.
You can also access information by visiting the Lottery Good Causes website (external link).