Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Wales’ links with the Middle East set to reach new heights
First Minister Carwyn Jones is in Doha to develop Wales’ economic relationship with Qatar.
- Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
- Health Secretary Vaughan Gething announces all-Wales PrEP trial
- Wales’ links with the Middle East set to reach new heights
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Acceptance in lieu
The Acceptance in lieu scheme enables taxpayers to transfer works of art and important heritage objects into public ownership.
Anyone who is liable for the payment of an existing inheritance tax bill can offer an object in part or whole payment of the tax. The scheme is managed by Arts Council England on behalf of Welsh Government. Offers must be approved by the Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism.
Benefits for the acquiring museum, gallery or library:
- the primary benefit is that it receives an important object at no cost
- objects which may already have been on long-term loan can be acquired
- objects of local interest can be retained, provided that they meet the criteria of the scheme.
For more information, visit the Arts Council England website (external link).