Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Wales’ links with the Middle East set to reach new heights
First Minister Carwyn Jones is in Doha to develop Wales’ economic relationship with Qatar.
- Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
- Health Secretary Vaughan Gething announces all-Wales PrEP trial
- Wales’ links with the Middle East set to reach new heights
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Museums, archives and libraries
We want museums, archives and libraries to be at the centre of our communities.
Museums, archives and libraries have something for everyone. Whether it’s the latest books and access to the internet, information about the history of your community or family, or somewhere which presents your story to the world, there’s something for you.
Across Wales there are:
- over 250 local libraries
- over 90 local museums
- 13 local archive services
- Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales
- National Library of Wales.
We support museums, archives and libraries across Wales by:
- providing advice and support
- developing policy and professional standards
- providing training opportunities for staff and volunteers
- providing core funding to Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales and the National Library of Wales
- working with organisations across Wales and the UK.
If you have any questions about our work with museums, archives and libraries, e-mail MALD@wales.gsi.gov.uk, or phone 0300 062 2112. You can also write to:
Museums, Archives and Libraries Division