Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
A taste of Wales in London
“It is great to see our producers celebrating our patron Saint of Wales - St David and promoting their wonderful products in London. We have such a fine array of quality products here in Wales."
- St David’s Day in Dubai
- Across Wales young people find work thanks to Jobs Growth Wales
- A taste of Wales in London
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
30 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Digital Wales Advisory Network (Board)
We have set up an external advisory network, the Digital Wales Advisory Network, to provide Ministers with regular expert advice.
In late 2010, we established the Digital Wales Advisory Board (DWAB) to provide Ministers with regular expert advice. Their first Annual Report is available to download here. In 2012, we have evolved the board into a Network.
Membership has been drawn from a range of interests, reflecting both our commitment to inclusive policy making and expertise from each of the 5 main themes. All members have agreed to work on a pro-bono basis.
- Simon Gibson OBE (Independent Chair) - Chief Executive of Wesley Clover, a venture fund specialising in seeding technology companies. He previously co-founded Ubiquity Software Corporation - named Innovator of the year in 2001
- James Elias – Marketing Director Google UK. Before Joining Google, James spent seven years helping to build a name for US brand E-Trade in the UK, and immediately before joining Google gained an MBA from the Insead Business School in France
- Dr David Grant CBE - Vice-Chancellor of Cardiff University since October 2001. Dr Grant has overseen the merger between Cardiff University and the University Of Wales College Of Medicine and the awarding of University Status to Cardiff
- Prof. Ian Hargreaves CBE - Professor of Digital Economy at Cardiff University. Prof. Hargreaves is the Chair of Digital Economy, based jointly in Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies and Cardiff Business School
- Ron Jones CBE - Chair of the Creative Industries Panel and Executive Chairman of Tinopolis, one of the UK’s largest independent television production companies