Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
Services for children and young people with lymphoedema will be improved as a new dedicated national paediatric specialist post is created in the Welsh NHS.
- Deputy Health Minister praises North Wales midwives and NHS volunteers
- £6m to help older people live independently in their home
- Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
We're committed to a smarter, better connected society and economy. Through Digital Wales we will deliver digital skills for everyone, improved online public services, faster infrastructure and enhanced mobile coverage. We are also looking for answers to questions such as:
- How can we ensure that everyone in Wales can enjoy the benefits of digital technology?
- How can our businesses use digital technologies to innovate and grow?
- How can we use digital technology to deliver better, faster and more efficient public services?
Delivering a Digital Wales
Delivering a Digital Wales is our framework for putting our Digital Wales agenda into action. It details our strategy, aims and vision. The framework is split into five objectives:
- Inclusivity: We want Wales to be a more inclusive, sustainable and prosperous society. Making sure everyone can enjoy the benefits of technology is a key part of that.
- Skills: Information and communication technology (ICT) skills will be part of all our children’s education, and we will use technology to improve teaching methods and learning. Beyond schools, we will ensure that everyone in Wales can acquire the basic skills and confidence to get online and use digital technologies. We will also help train people in more specialist skills for industry.
- Economy: We want to drive economic growth. We will support Welsh companies to network with research departments to create and commercialise new digital technologies. We will help more Welsh companies to exploit these developments to innovate, grow and access new markets, especially in the creative industries, ICT and tourism sectors.
- Public services: We will make more public and government services digital so they are easier to access and become more efficient and convenient. Through effective use of technology, people will be able to better deliver these services, and maximise use of resources.
- Infrastructure: To deliver all the benefits of digital technology, We are working in partnership with BT on the 'Superfast Cymru' programme to develop a nationwide superfast broadband infrastructure. Superfast Cymru will boost commercial roll-out to deliver high speed fibre broadband to 96% of homes and businesses in Wales by 2016.
We are actively working to improve mobile and wireless coverage across Wales too.
You can read more about these in the framework document. There are also videos of case studies which illustrate the framework.
We will bring together and work with a range of partners, from businesses to community groups. We will use expert advisors on the Digital Wales Advisory Network to ensure we focus on the key priorities.
Our Digital Wales LinkedIn group (external link) provides information and updates on Digital Wales. It aims to bring together businesses, individuals and other organisations throughout Wales and internationally.
If you’d like to let us have your ideas for building a Digital Wales or would like more information, email us at email@example.com.