Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
A £144 million EU and Welsh Government investment to fund over 50,000 apprenticeships in Wales has been announced by the First Minister, Carwyn Jones.
- Wales’ best interests lie in a prosperous Europe says First Minister
- Extra investment to support veterans in Wales
- £144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper - Reforming Local Government: Power to Local People
- Interim non-statutory standards for sustainable drainage (SuDS) in Wales – designing, constructing, operating and maintaining surface water drainage systems
- Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009 – Part 1 Guidance to Fire and Rescue Authorities and Fire and Rescue Authorities Support and Intervention Protocol
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Information and Communication Technology infrastructure policy
We want Wales to be one of the best connected countries in Europe by 2016.
We seek to ensure that people and businesses in Wales access the best broadband in Europe in the following ways:
First Generation Broadband
We are working to ensure that individuals, businesses and communities located in broadband notspots, are able to quickly get access to the broadband they need.
Our Broadband Support Scheme provides financial assistance of up to £1,000 to help individuals, communities, Small and Medium sized Enterprises and 3rd sector organisations obtain a broadband connection.
Next Generation Broadband / Superfast Cymru
As part of the Programme for Government, we are seeking to ensure that residential premises and businesses in Wales will have access to Next Generation Broadband by 2016. For more information visit www.superfast-cymru.com
Providing a first class digital infrastructure is a key feature of the Delivering a Digital Wales strategic framework, aimed at making Wales a truly digital nation.
We are working with the mobile industry, Ofcom and UK Government to improve mobile coverage across Wales. A key focus of this work is to ensure that Wales benefits from the UK Government’s Mobile Infrastructure Project, a £150 million investment, to address mobile notspots.
We are also working with the Mobile Operators following the 4G spectrum auction. The licence which was awarded to Téléfonica O2 carries a coverage obligation of at least 95% of the population in Wales by the end of 2017.
We are investigating options to improve mobile coverage across Wales, including mobile services across the rail network.
How to find out more
If you’d like to find out more about our plans please email email@example.com.