Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
The Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism Ken Skates has officially opened phase 1 of the redevelopment of Saundersfoot Harbour.
- New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
- Minister visits pioneering dementia care project in Raglan
- Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Statutory Guidance about sewerage undertakers duty to connect properties to the public sewerage system ( under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991)
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the code of practice in relation to part 10 (Complaints, Representations and Advocacy Services) of the Act
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
56 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Information and Communication Technology infrastructure policy
We want Wales to be one of the best connected countries in Europe by 2016.
We seek to ensure that people and businesses in Wales access the best broadband in Europe in the following ways:
First Generation Broadband
We are working to ensure that individuals, businesses and communities located in broadband notspots, are able to quickly get access to the broadband they need.
Our Broadband Support Scheme provides financial assistance of up to £1,000 to help individuals, communities, Small and Medium sized Enterprises and 3rd sector organisations obtain a broadband connection.
Next Generation Broadband / Superfast Cymru
As part of the Programme for Government, we are seeking to ensure that residential premises and businesses in Wales will have access to Next Generation Broadband. For more information visit www.superfast-cymru.com (external link).
Providing a first class digital infrastructure is a key feature of the Delivering a Digital Wales strategic framework, aimed at making Wales a truly digital nation.
We are working with the mobile industry, Ofcom and UK Government to improve mobile coverage across Wales. A key focus of this work is to ensure that Wales benefits from the UK Government’s Mobile Infrastructure Project, a £150 million investment, to address mobile notspots.
We are also working with the Mobile Operators following the 4G spectrum auction. The licence which was awarded to Téléfonica O2 carries a coverage obligation of at least 95% of the population in Wales by the end of 2017.
We are investigating options to improve mobile coverage across Wales, including mobile services across the rail network.
How to find out more
If you’d like to find out more about our plans please email firstname.lastname@example.org.