Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Next Generation Broadband Wales
Superfast Cymru will deliver access to high speed broadband to the majority of homes and businesses in Wales.
This is the largest partnership of its kind in the UK and a major infrastructure investment. To introduce a high speed broadband infrastructure to rural areas on this scale is an immense engineering task - the programme will deploy around 3,000 new fibre broadband cabinets to bring superfast broadband to Wales.
Superfast Cymru is set to transform the broadband landscape in Wales and to promote economic growth and sustainable jobs. Up to 2,500 further full times jobs could be created. It will ensure we are at the forefront of the global digital economy and help to champion Wales as a great place to live, work, invest and visit.
More detailed information on the roll-out is available on Superfast Cymru (external link).
Business Parks and Industrial Estates
In addition a contract has been agreed with Airband, specialists in high speed wireless broadband, to target a further nearly 2000 of the 45,000 extra premises in business parks and industrial estates across Wales.