First Minister welcomes plans to expand Heathrow
Statement by the First Minister on today's Heathrow announcement.
- Environment Secretary officially opens Merthyr community energy scheme
- Funding to help young people & teachers Show Racism the Red Card
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister welcomes plans to expand Heathrow
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A report which looks at the extent to which young drivers are more likely to be involved in accidents than older drivers.
Drivers aged up to and including age 24 represented:
- 23 per cent of the drivers involved in all motorised vehicle accidents and 21 per cent of drivers involved in fatal or serious accidents
- 27 per cent of drivers involved in single vehicle accidents
- 37 per cent of drivers involved in accidents who subsequently tested positive for blood alcohol
- 32 per cent of motorcycle riders involved in motorcycle accidents.
Looking at the five years 2007 to 2011, the local authority area with the highest proportion of young drivers involved in accidents, out of all drivers of motor vehicles, was Blaenau Gwent.
Tel: 029 2082 5062