£43m schools and social housing capital boost will create 800 jobs says Jane Hutt
- A55 improvement works accelerated and £1.9m Tal-y-bont scheme to go ahead this spring
- First Minister celebrates achievements of NHS Wales
- £43m schools and social housing capital boost will create 800 jobs says Jane Hutt
- School Pupil Eye Care Service for Wales
- Proposals relating to the Statement of Public Participation for the National Development Framework
- The draft Private Dentistry (Wales) Regulations 2016
- Environmental Permitting Regulations - Consultation on rules for mobile crushing of lamps that contain mercury
- Producing a New Travel Behaviour Code
- Revision of Inclusion and Pupil Support guidance
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016
The act will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWales Act 2014 annual reports
Action undertaken on the finance provisions in Part 2 of the Wales Act 2014.
Draft Budget 2016-17 »
Our focus is on our priorities and the services which mean the most to the people of Wales.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Woodlands for Wales indicators
An annual report which shows information on area of woodland, new planting, economic output and the amount of visits to woodland.
- The area of woodland in Wales has increased over the last thirteen years and is now 306,000 hectares.
- The amount of new planting increased between 2009 and 2014 when a total of 3,289 hectares were planted, but the rate of planting fell back in 2015 to 103 hectares.
- The forestry sector in Wales has an annual Gross Value Added (GVA) of £499.3 million and employs between 8,500 and 11,300 people.
- 64% of surveyed adults in Wales reported visiting woodland recreationally in the last few years and 52% of all outdoor visits included time spent in woodland.
Tel: 0300 062 2278