Deadline approaching for people to claim for their care
All claims will be reviewed within 6 months of the NHS having all the information that it needs.
- The Real Conversation on the Welsh Language
- Brand new Ysgol Bro Teifi officially opened by Education Secretary
- Deadline approaching for people to claim for their care
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Woodlands for Wales indicators
An annual report which shows information on area of woodland, new planting, economic output and the amount of visits to woodland.
- The area of woodland in Wales has increased over the last thirteen years and is now 306,000 hectares.
- The amount of new planting increased between 2009 and 2014 when a total of 3,289 hectares were planted, but the rate of planting fell back in 2015 to 103 hectares.
- The forestry sector in Wales has an annual Gross Value Added (GVA) of £499.3 million and employs between 8,500 and 11,300 people.
- 64% of surveyed adults in Wales reported visiting woodland recreationally in the last few years and 52% of all outdoor visits included time spent in woodland.
Tel: 0300 062 2278