Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Minister announces education policies to support the VAWDASV (Wales) Bill
Leighton Andrews has outlined a comprehensive set of education measures to tackle violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence in a written statement today.
- Pennsylvania-based Aerospace Company expands in Deeside
- Minister says fire statistics show there is no room for complacency
- Minister announces education policies to support the VAWDASV (Wales) Bill
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
31 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
WIMD 2014 was published on 26 November 2014, using more up-to-date data and improved indicators based on lessons learnt from the production of previous Indexes.
WIMD is currently made up of eight separate domains (or types) of deprivation: income; employment; health; education; access to services; community safety; physical environment and housing. Each domain is compiled from a range of different indicators.
A package of products is available relating to WIMD 2014
- Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation 2014
- Executive summary
- Guidance on use
- How WIMD is constructed - Infographic
- Frequently asked questions
- Technical report
- Data quality report - To be published in due course under 'Background information'
- Overall and domain ranks for each Lower Super Output Area (MS Excel)
- WIMD interactive tool (maps and data)
Deprivation in Rural Areas
- A guide to analysing deprivation in rural areas
- Exploration of unemployment in Wales by settlement type for small areas
Tel: 029 2082 3371