Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
£45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
A £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills and improve career prospects across South Wales has been announced by Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Local Government Mark Drakeford.
- Emergency ambulance response continues to improve
- £36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
- £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Welsh Housing Quality Standard (WHQS)
An annual report which includes information on the progress made by social landlords (local authorities and registered social landlords) in achieving the WHQS for all their stock.
- The number of social housing dwellings that are compliant with the WHQS (including acceptable fails) continues to increase. At 31 March 2015, 72 per cent of social housing dwellings (159,317 dwellings) were compliant with the WHQS (including acceptable fails) compared to 67 per cent a year earlier.
- Levels of WHQS compliance continue to be higher for registered social landlords (RSLs), with 87 per cent of RSL dwellings achieving WHQS compliance (including acceptable fails) at 31 March 2015 compared to 48 per cent of local authority dwellings.
- The components that continued to show the highest level of WHQS compliance (including acceptable fails) for all social landlords were ‘Mains powered smoke detectors’ and ’Windows’, whilst ‘Energy rating (SAP ≥ 65) ‘ and ‘Gardens and external storage’ had the lowest compliance at 31 March 2015.
Tel: 029 2082 5055